The 2023 FIFA Club World Cup will celebrate its 20th edition as a prestigious international club football tournament organized by FIFA. This competition features the champions of each of the six continental confederations, along with the champions of the host country’s national league. Scheduled to be held in Saudi Arabia, the tournament will run from December 12 to 22, 2023.
Of notable significance, this edition will serve as the last seven-team Club World Cup as the competition is set for a significant expansion to host 32 teams starting in 2025.
Real Madrid, the current champion, will not have the opportunity to defend its title in the 2023 edition due to its elimination in the semifinals of the 2022-23 UEFA Champions League. They were ousted by Manchester City, who ended up winning the UEFA Champions League title.
Host Appointment :
In February 2023, FIFA announced that a Club World Cup tournament would take place in 2023, maintaining the previous seven-team format, despite plans for an expanded quadrennial event in 2025. Saudi Arabia expressed interest in hosting both the 2023 and 2024 Club World Cup tournaments, and on February 14, the FIFA Council officially selected Saudi Arabia as the host for the 2023 tournament.
Qualified Teams :
Sure, I can provide a summary of the information you’ve provided:
Teams qualified for the 2023 FIFA Club World Cup:
Entering in the semi-finals:
- TBD (To Be Determined) – Confederation: CONMEBOL – Qualification: Winners of the 2023 Copa Libertadores – Qualified date: 4 November 2023
- England Manchester City – Confederation: UEFA – Qualification: Winners of the 2022–23 UEFA Champions League – Qualified date: 10 June 2023 – Participation: 1st
Entering in the second round:
- Japan Urawa Red Diamonds – Confederation: AFC – Qualification: Winners of the 2022 AFC Champions League – Qualified date: 26 February 2023 – Participation: 3rd (Previous: 2007, 2017)
- Egypt Al Ahly – Confederation: CAF – Qualification: Winners of the 2022–23 CAF Champions League – Qualified date: 11 June 2023 – Participation: 9th (Previous: 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Mexico León – Confederation: CONCACAF – Qualification: Winners of the 2023 CONCACAF Champions League – Qualified date: 4 June 2023 – Participation: 1st
Entering in the first round:
- New Zealand Auckland City – Confederation: OFC – Qualification: Winners of the 2023 OFC Champions League – Qualified date: 27 May 2023 – Participation: 11th (Previous: 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2022)
- Saudi Arabia Al-Ittihad – Confederation: AFC (host) – Qualification: Winners of the 2022–23 Saudi Professional League – Qualified date: 27 May 2023 – Participation: 2nd (Previous: 2005)
These teams will participate in the 2023 FIFA Club World Cup with their respective qualifications and previous participation records noted where applicable.
The provided information appears to be about a football (soccer) tournament schedule with different rounds and potential outcomes. I’ve organized the information into a more structured format for clarity:
- The tournament consists of several rounds, including the First Round, Second Round, Semi-finals, Match for Third Place, and the Final.
- The matches are held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
First Round (12 December – Jeddah):
- Match 1: Egypt Al Ahly vs. Saudi Arabia Al-Ittihad.
- Match 2: New Zealand Auckland City vs. Mexico Club León.
Second Round (15 December – Jeddah):
- Match 3: CONMEBOL winner vs. Winner of Match 2.
- Match 4: England Manchester City vs. Winner of Match 1.
Semi-finals (18 December – Jeddah):
- Match 5: Winner of Match 3 vs. Winner of Match 4.
Match for Third Place (19 December – Jeddah):
- The loser of the Semi-final plays against the other loser of the Semi-final.
- No extra time is played; a penalty shoot-out determines the winner.
Final (22 December – Jeddah):
- The winner of the Semi-final plays against the winner of Match 5.
- Extra time is played if the match is tied after normal playing time.
- If still tied after extra time, a penalty shoot-out is held to determine the winner.
Please note that the teams and winners of some matches are not specified in the provided information, so you may need to update this information based on the actual participants and outcomes of the tournament.